Each participant - swimmer should:
- Take part in the race with personal responsibility. Swimmers who make use of prohibited substances (dopping) will be disqualified from the race.
- Βe present for confirmation 90 minutes before the race in place indicated by the Organizing Committee (Secretariat), where he/she will provide the original medical certificates, sign a liability exemption form for the organizers and receive other updates. In order to obtain entitlement to participate he/she has to demonstrate a legitimate identification document. The non-presence of his/her before the Organizing Committee and the non-completion of the required certificates constitute certain exclusion from the race.
- Swim only with glasses or swimming mask and swimsuit or coveralls (wetsuit). Other swimming aids such as respirators, boards, paddles, fins, etc. are not allowed. Athletes have the right to spread themselves before starting the race with sunscreen, oil, vaseline or anything else they wish.
- Wear a special cap with his/her number. The number of each athlete will also be indicated with a special marker in high clear point in both his/her hands (arms). This process will take place in the Secretariat. Athlete who refuses to show his/her number will be disqualified.
- For the convenience and safety of swimmers and the normal conduct of the race, it is required that all athletes shall swim towards the middle of the canal and follow the designated direction of the race. Subsidiary, along the canal, from the left side of the direction of the athletes, boats will supervise the race offering lifeguard coverage and ensuring the rapid transfer to medical services when needed. If it is necessary, swimmers will receive medical attention at any point of the match. Any medication brings the athlete's disqualification. The only one who is responsible to decide if a swimmer is able to continue the race is the doctor of the race.
- During the race, it is not allowed for the swimmers to board, stand or touch boat or other floating object in and out of the water or step on a shallow point of the bottom of the Canal of the Isthmus. The penalty for these violations of the rules is the immediate disqualification of the athlete.
- At the unique Hydration Station, the Organizing Committee will supply swimmers mainly with isotonic fluids. Athletes have the right to deliver to the Organizing Committee before the start of the race their own personal drink, in bottles with their names and numbers on them, in order to be placed at the Hydration Station. The supply point can be moved without notice, due to unforeseen marine weather conditions.
- Athletes must protect the marine environment of the canal from any kind of pollution. The disposal of bottles, cups or other objects along the canal is strictly prohibited. A special disposal bag will be set at the Hydration Station.
- Swimmer who wishes to quit the race or is disqualified for any reason by the Organizing Committee, must report it immediately and board the nearest vessel. Afterwards he/she has to sign the special form of abandon/disqualification and return the specific chip of electronic timekeeping. Those who quit or are disqualified will be transferred to the end point by an official boat, which will sail behind the last athlete in line.
- Each swimmer is obliged to finish the race within four (4) hours. Otherwise he/she is excluded and is obliged to board the boat of the event following the athletes. In case he/she does not comply with that regulation, he/she will bear the main responsibility for his/her health and his/her physical integrity.
- Swimmers have the right to submit an objection until 30 minutes after the end of the race to a representative of the Organizing Committee. The Organizing Committee is exclusively responsible to examine and decide for the objections. The decision of Organizing Committee shall be announced by the time of the award and is final. The objection fee is set at 20€.
- All athletes who finish within the time and in accordance with the regulations of the race will take at the end of the race a commemorative medal. Cups will be awarded in the first three swimmers and first of each age group.
- Each athlete must have read and fully accept all the conditions for participation in the race and the regulations of the Organizing Committee. The Organizing Committee bears no responsibility for incorrect interpretations or conditions that have not been understood and that will result in the disqualification of the athlete.
The vessels which will carry television crews, reporters, photographers or journalists should follow the race behind the last swimmer, so as not to disturb, obstruct or move suspected aid to the athlete, which is prohibited. This violation will result in the removal of board marks and passenger’s license to monitor the race.